Are your nagging Aches coming from your muscles or fascia?
No, its not a misspelled typo :).
Fascia if you haven’t heard this word yet, is becoming more prevalent in the orthopedic science /fitness industry AND being considered a key to PEAK PERFORMANCE and PAIN RELIEF.
WHAT IS FASCIA? (pronounced with sound like fasha)
This root word is Latin, with meanings of: to bundle, binding together, unification, connect. In simple terms fascia is connective tissue, that integrates the whole body. Its a gelatin-esque substance of glycoproteins (this holds water), collagen fibers (this is strong proteins) and other cells (that communicate with each other). Fascia completely surrounds your entire insides (think of it has skin being on the inside of the body), it wraps around your muscles, tendons, nerves, bones, organs, ligaments etc.
This is a newer find of the inner connectivity of the body’s tissues. The Harvard School of Medicine debut this term in 2007 and has given birth to a new field in movement science and has been expanded in 2007 and 2009 through www.fasciacongress.org
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT to YOU?
* Fascia is very much important to your every day function as well as necessary to be healthy in order to have ease of movement (whether day-to-day activities OR sports and exercise).
* Fascia is involved in
– creating optimal tension between muscles bones joints (to prevent overuse and keep your movements comfortable)
– giving sensory feedback to create motion
– supplies lubrication
– stimulates the lymphatic system
– penetrates the nervous system (pain receptors)
– it has cells that talks to one another
*This tissue is designed to help you move with ease, maintain maximum muscle length, keep space in joints for the bones to move more freely and properly transfer movement forces from one area of the body to the other allowing for PAIN FREE, ENERGIZED movement!
*More specifically healthy fascia can help with your energy, release headaches, increase range of motion, release joint tension, release back pain, foot discomforts .. the list goes on.
WHAT HINDERS – DAMAGES FASCIA?
– a dehydrated body
– postural and movement imbalances (HABITS)
HOW CAN YOU GET THIS FASCIA (Pain) RELEASE?
there are a variety of ways..
1. Foam Rolling is one way, but the shape of this device makes it difficult to reach most of the areas of the body.
2. There are a variety of therapists that offer one on one work, and although is needed time-to-time, this can get costly and time consuming.
3. A third option is this summer
join CoeDynamics Myofascial Release & Tone Classes
– These sessions utilize a specifically designed ball by Yamana to follow a body rolling methodology.
– This practice lengthens muscles working deeply starting from the bone they originate at to their insertions (with the ball gravity and your body weight as the devices).
– Each section of the body (from feet to the neck/head and everything in between) will be addressed during the duration of the course.
– The goal is to give you at home tools (and confidence) to have easily accessible and immediately available to alleviate aches, discomforts and pains.
– Sessions are led by Tracy Coe, c-PMA Pilates Teacher and Functional Movement Educator with body visual aids via an Anatomy App that will demonstrate the ball running along the muscles and bones on the inside of the body!
– CLASS BEGINS JUNE 18, and SPACE is LIMITED, do go another day living in that ache/pain world when you don’t have to. Sign up today click here
If you have any posture imbalance or any ache or pain in the body this class is a great practice to introduce to your body have as a self therapy that you will be able to continue to practice right at your own home.
For more information about the class or fascia contact Tracy Coe at email@example.com or 424.903.3104
To Great Health & Fitness!
Tracy Coe, CPT-PMA, cQRA Wellness & Nutrition Practitioner
Tracy Coe is a certified QRA wellness and nutrition practitioner who’s passion is to support the community in educating and providing professional documented and researched options of whole foods, cleansing, and toxicity prevention to support short/long term health and wellness and vitality for the individual and family. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 424.903.3104